We saved you a seat!
St. John Lutheran Church - OH is a place where people can meet Jesus and engage in life-giving community; everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts, and use them for God's glory. Wherever you are on your life's journey, we would love to walk with you.
What to expect
St. John Lutheran Church, The Purple Door Church, warmly welcomes and cares for people at all stages of life, including children, youth, couples, singles, parents, and seniors. It doesn’t matter how much you know about the Bible or the church, whether you have ever attended church, or have questions concerning the role of the church in your life--we invite you to join us and learn more!
We are a multi-site church with two locations – St. John Lutheran Church in Celina, OH and St. Paul Lutheran Church in North Star, OH and online. Visit each location’s page to learn more about its worship times, unique characteristics, and specific opportunities.
We offer two distinct styles of worship – traditional and contemporary. You can read more about these worship settings on our worship page.
What should I wear
We want you to feel comfortable when you visit us, and that goes for what you're wearing. There's no "dress code." You’ll see people wearing jeans and a T-shirt, others in a dress or suit. You'll fit in no matter how you dress.
Connect with us
We'd love to learn more about you!
If you're a first-time visitor, looking for a church home or have a prayer request, please fill out our online connection card here.
Feel free to reach out anytime!
What kind of Lutheran church is this?
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is one of the largest Christian denominations in the United States, with about 4 million members in nearly 10,000 congregations across the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- We are grounded in faith, the Bible, and the love of neighbor.
- Forgiveness – In God’s loving action, through Jesus Christ, we receive forgiveness of sins. As a people of God, we embody forgiveness in our speech, action, relationships, and our ministries.
- Dignity, Compassion and Justice - Each person is created in God’s image. We respect this God-given right to dignity and, inspired by the life of Jesus, show love and compassion for all people.
- Inclusion and diversity – As Christ’s church, we value the richness of God’s creation and offer a radical welcome to all people, appreciating our common humanity and our differences. We are a church that sees diversity as precious gift toward unity.
- Courage and openness to change –We are open to new ways and willing to take risks to discover God’s plan for this church.
When we Meet
St. John Lutheran Church - Celina, OH
7:45 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am
7:45 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am
St.Paul Lutheran Church - North Star, OH